You are here
GDA2020 datasets available
Over the last year, SA Government agencies have been transitioning their systems and processes to support the Geocentric Datum of Australia 2020 (GDA 2020) and the associated Map Grid, MGA 2020.
From the 4 February 2019, agencies will commence releasing geospatial datasets in GDA2020 format. The GDA format will be apparent in the file name. For example, zip files will contain files ending in _GDA2020 or _GDA94.
GDA94 datasets will continue to be available until the year 2020.
Agencies that are working hard to transition to the new system are as follows:
- Country Fire Service
- Department for Environment and Water
- Department for Energy and Mining
- Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure
- Department for Education
- Environment Protection Authority
- Department of Primary Industries and Regions
Keep an eye out for GDA2020 datasets released by these agencies.